Beulah Creek Village is our primary development project. Located on Central Road between the Co-op and the School, Beulah Creek Village has the potential to provide permanent housing for 30 inviduals and families.
Please visit the site at 5040 Central Road to see the potential for yourself!
Latest Site Plan
The land has been assessed by government agencies and Michael McNamara, Katherine Ronan and Peter Wardle have put together some preliminary site plans based on the outcome of these assessments.
The plans show the incremental development of the site starting with three homes and then eventually building up to 30 homes. An Engineering Feasibility (read by clicking) was completed in 2015/2016 which provides the basis for decision-making and development lay-out.
Site Plan Scenarios
The site plans below have been developed based on applicable regulations and the 2015/2016 engineering feasibility.
Site Plan Option 1 (2013)
Site Plan Option 2 (2015)
What ISLA is currently working on
- Following the ISLA Business Plan 2016 Update_May_13
- Aligning funding partnerships
- Continued site preparation
- Considering financing options for potential residents and island investors
- Officially applying for subdivision approval through Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Obtaining firm quotes on infrastructure
- Education of Potential Residents on Finances and building